- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- WPX Hosting Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
Have you ever had slow WordPress hosting and wondered where to go for a faster solution?
You are not alone.
There are many hosting providers out there. It can be challenging to select the best one.
After months of frustration with my host, I decided to move to a faster host: WPX Hosting.
In this review, you will get an overview of the WPX Hosting high-end hosting solution, their benefits, features, pricing, and testimonials.
What Is WPX Hosting?
WPX Hosting is a high-performance hosting solution for your WordPress site.
Is WPX a well-established company? Sure, they have been around for a long time, known as Traffic Planet Hosting. Recently, there has been a rebranding and they are now called WPX Hosting.
WPX Hosting was co-founded by somewhat well-known Internet Marketer Terry Kyle.
What Makes WPX Different?
What makes WPX Hosting different from the competition?
- WPX Hosting is tailored 100% for the WordPress platform. Their solution is optimized for WordPress installations and dedicated to WordPress hosting.
- They use very high spec machines that are not overloaded (overloading servers can destroy page load speed)
- WPX is located in the world’s largest datacenter in Chicago. And that means even faster speed and better service integrity for their hosting service customers. Many of America’s largest companies also use this same facility for hosting their corporate websites e.g. Equinix, TelX, Advantage Futures, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint.
- Regular backups. If you need to restore your website, just ask their support team and they will do it for you (at no cost).
- Excellent support and they are very fast to respond.
- No pricing surprise upon renewal. You pay what’s advertised.
What Are the Primary Benefits of WPX?
You will get several benefits in moving your website with WPX Hosting. Here is what I found:
- Fast Front-End (what your visitors see)
- Fast Back-End (the WordPress dashboard / admin area)
- Ability To Keep Server Response Times Low Even Under Heavy Loads
- Enhanced Security: DDoS protection and Application Firewall at no extra charge
- Free WordPress Migration in 24 hours or less
- Free W3 Cache plugin Install and Configuration
- Domain Transfer to WPX includes privacy option (no extra charge)
- Simplified Control Panel. You will love their interface, easier to use than cPanel
- Business plan offers up to 5 WordPress installs (5 domains)
- Outstanding support, knowledgeable and courteous staff
What Features Are Offered by WPX?
- Blazing Fast Servers. Dedicated memory and SSD drives (solid state)
- Free SSL certificates. Turn your site from HTTP to secure HTTPS protocol.
- Free Automatic Daily Backups. Peace of mind. If you mess-up with your site, you can restore it to a previous day of your choice. Backups are kept on a separate server for 30 days.
- Free On-Demand Backup Restore. There is no charge for backup retrieval via a support ticket.
- Free Manual Backups and Restores (*New): via the Backup Manager, you can initiate backups and restore them manually. You can also restore the daily automated backups without opening a support ticket.
- Staging Area (*New): You can clone your production site into a staging area. You can make changes to the staging copy. Once you are done, you can merge the staging copy with the live production site. New blog posts and comments are preserved, unlike other staging companies.
- DDoS protection. In short, DDoS attacks are saturating the capacity of a particular network and once the capacity is overloaded, the resources over this network are getting unavailable. DDoS protection is taking all the attacking bandwidth which is toward WPX and therefore your bandwidth isn’t being affected at all. This feature is available with your plan with no additional charge.
- Application Firewall. This second level of protection after the DDoS protection, no additional charge as well and its main goal is to provide security to the established connections to the servers.
- FTP/sFTP access. You can browse, edit, transfer your files via secure FTP access
- UNLIMITED Free Google-Sponsored SSL Certificates Installed & Active In Under 10 Seconds
- 24/7/365 Live Chat. WPX’s team is available anytime for you.
- Multiple Websites per Account. Up to 5 domains for the Business plan. 15 domains and 35 domains for Pro and Elite plans.
- 1-Click WordPress Installation. Easy WordPress install for your next domains.
- Unlimited FREE Site Migration from your current host to WPX Hosting Within 24 Hours, 7 Days A Week
- Free CDN. On your first year with WPX, you get a free MaxCDN account to further speed up your website.
The WordPress Migration Process
With WPX, the WordPress migration is quite straightforward.
- You select a plan and place your order
- Open a ticket with support and request a migration
- Once the migration has completed, change your domain records to point to your WPX host.
The WordPress migration process takes less than 24 hours. In my case, it took 12 hours. See the following exchanges in my support ticket (excerpts):
I opened the support ticket asking to migrate my website to WPX – Nov. 02 at 2PM.
Two minutes after, WPX support staff requires that I provide information for the migration:
After I provided the information they requested, WPX staff will start the migration — Nov 02 02:54 PM.
Twelve hours later, the migration has completed — Nov 03, 2:53 AM
What Exactly Happened During the Migration?
- WPX migrated my BuzzAndTips.com server (posts, pages, images, everything)
- They also migrated my email server (all messages)
- They installed and configured the W3 Total Cache plugin (optimized for WPX)
The Domain Transfer Process
If your current hosting provider also acts as your domain registrar (my situation), you can request a domain transfer to WPX. This process may take up to 5 days. That delay is due to ICANN’s rules, not WPX.
Before initiating the transfer, make sure: a) your domain is not locked, b) privacy is turned off. Then, point your DNS host “A record” from your old provider’s IP address to WPX Hosting IP address and modify your nameserver records to point to WPX nameservers. You can do this from your old hosting company’s control panel. Once you are done, your server will be reachable from the WPX platform.
In case you are not sure how to make these changes, simply ask WPX staff and they will guide you through.
The user dashboard is very simple to use as opposed to the traditional cPanel.
The dashboard provides a view to manage your service details and your domains.
Service Details View
The service details view enables you to manage the following features:
- Websites / SSL: turn on HTTPS on your websites
- Databases: launch PHPMyAdmin to manage your databases, create new databases
- Email Boxes: manage your email users and mail boxes
- FTP Users: create FTP accounts to transfer your files
- Edit DNS: enables you to manage your DNS via WPX Hosting
- File Manager: provides access to your system files, WordPress plugins, themes, etc.
- Backups: Let’s you run a backup or restore a previous backup
The support view has a section that contains your support tickets and the knowledge base.
After you open a new support ticket, expect to receive assistance shortly. WPX hosting support staff is knowledgeable and can really help. This makes a big difference, believe me.
WPX Hosting’s 24/7/365 Support Team averages under 30 seconds response time, according to Live Chat Inc. (the independent live chat platform used by WPX Hosting)
Here are their ratings as November 07, 2017:
Who Else Is Using WPX?
I found several testimonials from well known bloggers who use WPX Hosting. These include:
- Adam Connell
- Matthew Woodward
- Shane Melaugh at Thrive Themes
- Enstine Muki
- Ashley Faulkes
- WP Superstars
- Gael Breton, Authority Hacker
- Richard Martin, Smart Income Detective
- Chris Lee, RankXL
- Loz James, Content Champion
- Oliver Clarke, 101 Geek
- and many more!
WPX has three pricing plans as follows:
Comparison With Other WordPress Hosting Solutions
Here is how WPX Hosting compares with the competition:
All prices, plans and options listed are what has been publicly disclosed as of November 07, 2017. Plan comparisons are based on web hosting plans with similar features.
Page load and speed are very important for better rankings by Google. User experience is enhanced by a faster host.
I am glad I moved my website with WPX Hosting. My blog is much faster than before, I have an outstanding service and uptime is excellent.
WPX is not a bargain-priced host. It is a high-performance hosting solution designed for WordPress.
Stay away from cheap hosting services and get on board with WPX Hosting!
Verdict: I highly recommend WPX Hosting.
- How to Speed Up Your WordPress Dashboard
- How to Secure Your Website Visitors With SSL
- 7 Ways to Make Your WordPress More Secure
- Thrive Headline Optimizer Review: How to Test Winning Headlines
- Interact Quiz Builder: How to Craft Awesome Quizzes
- Ultra-fast page load
- Enhanced security
- Free WordPress Migration
- Excellent support
- Free daily backups
- Staging areas to test your design changes
WPX Hosting Review
Summary: The best WordPress hosting you can find that offers blazing fast servers at an affordable price.