- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- MyThemeShop Viral Theme
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- 1 What Is MyThemeShop Viral Theme?
- 2 What Makes Viral Theme Different?
- 3 What Are the Primary Benefits of Viral Theme?
- 4 What Features Are Offered by Viral Theme?
- 5 Viral Theme Installation and Setup
- 5.1 Viral Theme Installation
- 5.2 Viral Theme Configuration Options
- 5.3 WordPress Editor Options
- 5.4 Viral Theme Widgets
- 5.5 MyThemeShop Plugins
- 6 Pricing
- 7 MyThemeShop Theme Review: Verdict
What Is MyThemeShop Viral Theme?
Viral Theme is a new fantastic WordPress theme by MyThemeShop.
MyThemeShop builds blazing fast WordPress themes and plugins. Their code is SEO friendly, and their designs are unique. Their themes are ideal for professional or hobby bloggers, company or agency websites, selling products online, niche websites and portfolio websites.
What Makes Viral Theme Different?
The Viral Theme is a viral social theme designed for a broad range of popular sites across multiple niches.
What Are the Primary Benefits of Viral Theme?
The Viral Theme has amazing layouts, a beautiful carousel and galleries, crisp typography, powerful customization options make creating an incredible viral site very easy!
What Features Are Offered by Viral Theme?
4 Viral Theme Predefined Demos
The Viral theme comes with four predefined layouts that are easy to install with a single click. When you import the demo data, your site looks exactly like the demo site. The preset demos are ideal for specific niches but can be customized to fit broader range sites.
- Viral Default – The Viral theme default demo is suitable for creating all kinds of viral sites and can be customized to fit any viral site idea. The demo is easy to install with one-click install feature and has all the features needed to build a fully functional viral site.
- Viral Cat – This is a uniquely designed viral theme demo that is ideal for sharing a cute viral picture of pets. The homepage is designed with a full-width image and attractive display of viral content.
- Viral Photography – The photography demo is the most suitable viral demo for a photography site. The demo is designed to showcase photo content in a visually appealing way that delivers maximum visibility.
- Viral food – Viral food demo is cleverly designed for food lovers, food bloggers, and food photographers. The demo comes with an attractive display of food images along with food content that helps you build a remarkable brand online.
Summary of Viral Theme Features
The Viral theme is packaged with useful features that will help you build the best viral site and launch within minutes. The following is a summary of the features in the Viral theme:
- 4 Predefined Demos
- Viral Design
- Responsive for All Devices
- 3 Types of Post Layouts
- Eye Catching Carousel
- Social Media Sharing
- Gallery Widget
- Up and Down Voting Button for Posts
- Upload Option for Contributors
- Option to Show Carousel in Header or Footer
- Off-Canvas Menu
- Unlimited Color Options
- Unlimited Background Color Option
- SEO Ready
- Speed Optimized
- AdSense Optimized
- Parallax Scrolling
- Translation Ready
- Mega Menu Compatible
- Advanced Typography Settings
- Font Awesome Icons
- 4 Types of Pagination
- Ajax Loading
- 11 Powerful Widgets
- Clean Commented Code
- WooCommerce Compatible
- One Click Install
- One Click Update
- Child Theme Support
- Related Posts
- Import / Export Settings
- RTL Support
- WP Review Pro Compatible
- WP Subscribe Pro Compatible
- Extensive Documentation
- HD Video Tutorials
- 365/24/7/ Customer Support
Viral Theme Installation and Setup
After you purchase your theme, you will download it through MyThemeShop admin account as follows:
At the top, you get installation instructions. At the bottom, you get four links. The first link is your theme file, packaged as a .zip. Next, you get access to the theme documentation. The third link is about demo data for your theme. I will cover this in the next section.
Viral Theme Installation
To evaluate MyThemeShop Viral Theme, I used a fresh copy of WordPress.
Right after you install the Viral theme in WordPress, you will get this notification:
The next step will ask you to install four required plugins:
- MyThemeShop plugin / theme updater
- WP Review (I will cover this below)
- WP Shortcode
- WP Tab Widget
Select them all and install them via the bulk actions pull-down:
Now, I connected to my test site:
Since this is a fresh copy of WordPress, you notice the default “Hello world!” post. I deleted it before going to the next step.
For this assessment, I will import test data. As outlined in the “Summary of Viral Theme Features” above, the Viral theme comes with four predefined demos. I will install the “Default” demo and, later, the Viral Food demo. You can install these and quickly uninstall them in one click.
Go to the themes options from the WordPress dashboard sidebar:
Appearance > Theme Options > Import / Export
Here are the “Default demo” options. I imported the theme options, widgets, and content.
Now, here’s what the Default demo looks like on my test site:
In the above picture, you will notice a primary menu. Next, a header with a secondary menu. Below this is the carousel followed with the latest blog post. The sidebar displays previous posts. Clicking on any of these thumbnails will take your visitors to an article.
On the left-hand side, you have social media sharing buttons. On the right-hand side, you will notice social media profile icons.
Here is what the footer looks like:
Of course, you can fully customize the footer. You can remove and add columns, change colors, etc. I will cover this below.
Now, let’s remove the Default demo:
Appearance > Theme Options > Import / Export > Remove imported data
And, let’s add the Viral Food demo using the procedure outlined above.
You now have new demo data in one-click. This demo will help you to understand all of the Viral theme features. You don’t have to populate the blog with your data.
Here is a sample post. This time, the social media sharing buttons are on the right-hand side. It’s effortless to change them around. We will cover this later.
Viral Theme Configuration Options
You can customize the Viral theme via the Theme Options Bar:
Let’s cycle through the key options.
The General Settings tab enables you to define the following areas of your website:
- Logo image – Your brand logo
- Favicon – The small icon that displays in the browser tab
- Touch icon – Represents your website’s touch icon for iOS & Android devices
- Metro icon – Represents your website’s IE10 Metro title icon
- Header code – Code you need to place before the closing </header> tag, e.g., Google Webmaster Tools verification.
- Footer code – Code you need to place in your footer, e.g., Google Analytics, Clicky, etc.
- Pagination type (refer to the following image)
- Default (next / previous)
- Numbered (1 2 3 4 …)
- AJAX (Load More Button) – Useful feature!
- AJAX (Auto Infinite Scroll) – Similar to Instagram
- Back to Top button – Useful for long form posts
- AJAX Quick search – Enable search results appearing instantly below the search results form. As depicted in the following image, I typed “one” in the search box. Several results displayed:
- Responsiveness – MyThemeShop themes are responsive, which means they adapt to tablet and mobile devices, ensuring that your content is always displayed beautifully no matter what device visitors are using. Enable or disable responsiveness using this option.
- Right to Left Language Support – Foreign languages
- Number of Products (WooCommerce plugin must be installed)
The Performance tab enables you to configure the following options:
- Prefetching – Pages will load faster in modern browsers.
- Lazy Load – Delay loading of images outside of viewport, until the user scrolls to them
- Lazy load featured images
- Lazy load post content images
- Remove Ver Parameters – This may improve speed in some browsers which do not cache files having the parameter.
- Optimize WooCommerce Scripts – Load WooCommerce scripts and styles only on WooCommerce pages (WooCommerce plugin must be enabled)
The styling options help you controlling the visual appearance of your theme, such as colors, layout and, patterns:
- Theme color scheme – Use unlimited color, schemes to style your theme
- Layout style – Quickly change between a right-hand side or left-hand side sidebar
- Site Background – Add a color, pattern or image to your background
- Custom CSS – Further customize your default theme
- Lightbox – Allows your visitors to view larger versions of images without leaving the current page. (Several theme vendors don’t offer this function and require that you install a plugin).
Control the elements of the header section with the following settings:
- Show Primary Menu – The primary menu displays above the header
- Show Header Search – Display a search box in the header
- Primary Navigation Background – Set a navigation color, pattern or image
- Header Background – Set a header color, pattern or image. The above image has a black color background. You can also use a photo or illustration, as seen in the Viral Food demo we discussed previously.
- Floating Navigation Menu – Your menu will “float” as the page scrolls
- Show Logo – Show or hide your brand logo
- Show Secondary Menu – The secondary menu displays below the primary menu
- Show Right Section on Header – You can enable optional items on your header:
- Random Posts Button
- Login / Signup Links
- Upload Button
- Header Bottom Background – Set a header bottom color, pattern or image
- Header Social Media Buttons – Organize how you want your social sharing to appear on the header (Twitter, Facebook, Google+)
- Show Post Layout Icons – Enable your visitors to change the post layout (1, 2, 3 columns)
From here, you can set the elements of the footer section.
- Footer Layout – Choose the number of widget area in the footer (3 – 4 Widgets)
- Footer Background – Set a footer background color, pattern or image
- Copyrights Background – Set a copyrights background color, pattern or image
- Copyrights Text – Use your own copyrights text
- Carousel – You can enable or disable the carousel. You can also have custom carousels.
- Carousel Categories – Configures specific categories to display in the carousel
- Number of Posts in Carousel – Pick a value for rotation
- Custom Carousel – Add a custom carousel on top of the default one
- Carousel Position on HomePage – Choices: After header, before footer
- Show Carousel on Other Pages – Display the carousel on archives, posts, etc.
- Featured Categories – Categories appearing on the home page, e.g., Latest Posts, a Specific Category
- Default Post Layout – This represents the default post layout style for first-time visitors. Your visitors can change this setting if you enabled “Show Post Layout Icons” in the header section (see above)
- Posts on Blog Pages – Enables you to display an excerpt or a full post
- Like / Dislike – Enable voting for visitors
- Homepage Meta Info – Organize how you want the post meta info to be posted on the home page (author name, date, comment count, views, categories). Any of these can be reordered, displayed or, hidden.
- Show Author Image – Show / hide the author image in the post meta info
- Posts Social Media Buttons – Organize how you want your social sharing buttons to display on posts. Facebook Share, Twitter, Google Plus Pinterest, Whatsapp, Stumbleupon. Any of these can be reordered, displayed or, hidden.
- Homepage Social Buttons Position – Choose the position of social buttons on your homepage (below content or left)
In this tab, control the appearance and functionality of the single posts page.
- Single Post Layout – Customize the look of single posts: post content, related posts, author box, tags. Any of these can be repositioned, displayed or, hidden.
- Single Post Meta Info Organize how you want the post meta info to display on a single post: author name, date, comment count, views, categories. Any of these can be repositioned, displayed or, hidden.
- Show Author Image – Display or hide the author image on single posts. See image below.
- Comment Like / Dislike – Enable the like / dislike feature in comments
- Breadcrumbs – Make your site more user-friendly with breadcrumbs
- Show Featured Image – Enable featured images on single posts
- Comments – Show comments, Facebook comments or both (see the previous image)
- Highlight Author Comment – You can choose to highlight author comments
- Date in Comments – Show the date in comments
Enable social sharing buttons on single posts:
- Social Sharing Buttons Position – Choose the position of social sharing buttons: above content, below content, floating. This example shows floating social buttons:
- Social Buttons Floating Position From Bottom – Distance in pixels
- Social Sharing Buttons on Pages – Social sharing buttons can display on pages, not only on posts
- Social Media Buttons – Organize how you want your social media buttons to appear on single posts: Facebook Share, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, WhatsApp, StumbleUpon. Any of these can be repositioned, displayed or, hidden.
The ad management tab enables you to display ads before and/or after your blog post. You can control everything from that section without using separate plugins. Paste your Adsense or other ad code to display your ads.
Here is an example of an ad placed after the title (just before your blog post body):
- Show After X days – Set the number of days after which you want to show your Ad. A zero value disables this feature.
The Sidebars tab enables you to have full control over the sidebars. You can manage sidebars and select one for each section of your site, or select a custom sidebar on a per-post basis in the WordPress editor.
- Sidebar Title Background – Set a color, pattern or image for your sidebar background.
- Custom Sidebars – Add your custom sidebars. Save the changes before you can use the sidebars in the dropdowns below. You can add content to the sidebars in Appearance > Widgets.
You can select custom sidebars for these pages or disable them. If you don’t have custom sidebars, the default sidebar is available. Here are the sections you can customize:
- Single Post
- Single Page
- Archive Sidebar
- Category Archive
- Tag Archive
- Date Archive
- Author Archive
- 404 Error
- Shop Pages (Requires the WooCommerce plugin)
- Single Product (Requires the WooCommerce plugin)
The Navigation settings can be modified via the Menus section. Appearance > Menus.
Do you remember this image?
From the Menu section, you can control how the menus will display on desktop and mobile devices. Here is how I got these two menus to display on a desktop browser:
And here is how it shows on a mobile device. Both menus are combined in a single view.
Now, let’s say you only wish to display the secondary menu on mobile? That’s an easy thing to do. Check the mobile option on the secondary menu.
Here is your new mobile device menu:
You could do the same for the primary menu if you wish. Or, you can create a separate menu for mobile only. It’s very flexible!
The Viral theme comes with a font collection. You can add other font collections and customize each font.
You can customize fonts in different areas like:
- Logo font
- Top navigation
- Main navigation
- Content font
For each font, you can set its boldface level, size, color, CSS selectors, additional CSS and, fallback font.
WordPress Editor Options
From the WordPress editor, you can set the sidebar for your post and the header animation. In the picture below, you could choose between the default sidebar or none. However, if you create custom sidebars, as discussed in the previous section, they will appear in this drop-down.
Sidebar and Header Animation
You can animate your blog post featured image with the header animation settings; you can disable animation, use the Parallax effect or, the Zoom Out effect.
Here is an example of Parallax effect:
The Zoom Out effect in action:
You can access all sorts of shortcodes from your WordPress editor toolbar. Once you click on the big plus sign, a pull down will display:
You can select buttons, alert boxes, dividers, etc.
Viral Theme Widgets
The MyThemeShop Viral theme comes with several widgets that will enhance your website. You can add them in sidebars, header ads, footer, etc.
Here is a sample of the widgets from WordPress Appearance > Widgets:
In the above figure, I dragged a widget (MTS 728×90 Ad) to the Header Ad area. As a result, the homepage will display an Ad for your visitors as follows:
After you install the Viral theme, you get a dialog asking you to install and activate four plugins:
MyThemeShop plugin / theme updater
This plugin will notify you about theme updates.
The WP Review plugin provides you with a way to create product reviews. You can rate products, list the features, etc. Here is an example from our demo:
The WP Shortcode plugin adds a big plus sign to your WordPress editor toolbar. Clicking on it will display a list of shortcodes you can use in blog posts.
WP Tab Widget
The WP Tab Widget plugin lets you add a tabbed widget to your sidebar. In the following illustration, I set the tabs to show popular posts and, recent posts.
The current price is $59 for the Viral Theme.
Here is what it includes:
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Use this theme on unlimited domains.
- Support and updates for one year.
- 24×7 Premium Technical Support.
- Narrated Video Tutorials.
- Secured & Optimized Code.
MyThemeShop Theme Review: Verdict
Viral Theme by MyThemeShop provides a solid foundation for your website. It is a responsive theme and will help you build trendy sites across multiple niches. This theme is easy to setup; its options panel is well laid out. It has several built-in features that don’t require you to purchase additional plugins.
Verdict: I recommend MyThemeShop Viral Theme
- Several styling options
- Responsive theme
- Ad management
- Reputable developers
- I haven’t run into problems during my tests
MyThemeShop Viral Theme
Summary: Viral theme has amazing layouts, a beautiful carousel and galleries, crisp typography, powerful customization options make creating an incredible viral site very easy!