This week: multi-link bio, secure browsing, and more.
A free newsletter from the desk of Steve Williams
Disclosure: Some of the links in this letter are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
January 11, 2019
Here are 10 tips I think are worth sharing this week:
- Your visitors now have access to multiple links in your Instagram bio. Customize those links with Shorby. See how I use it here. Place your links on your Twitter profile and many other platforms.
- Believe it or not, I’ve read the equivalent of 15 books in Pocket in 2018. Pocket is where I save / curate all my favorite articles.
- I replaced Google Chrome with Brave browser. The Brave browser is fast, very secure and will run Chrome extensions. It will block ads, trackers and will force HTTPS on all websites.
- For those of you using Slack, there is now an alternative called Twist.
- Product Hunt has released its Golden Kitty Awards 2018. It’s a good way for you to discover new products that may fit your business.
- Are you using one of these 10 WordPress plugins? Beware, they are vulnerable to attacks.
- The SEO business is dominated by Google. However, Bing should not be neglected. Here is an in-depth guide about Bind webmaster tools.
- Just came across an interesting WordPress Gutenberg article: “4 Things You Can Do With Gutenberg That You Can’t Do With The Classic Editor”
- Brian Dean is back with his The 9-Step SEO Strategy for 2019.
- Snip.ly + content curation = more traffic to your website. You can create a free Snip.ly account and benefit from the boomerang effect. Everything you post on social media will be overlayed with a call to action. I can integrate into Buffer and many other apps.
Thanks for reading. If you like this newsletter and want to support it, forward it to a friend.
If you’re seeing this newsletter for the first time, you can subscribe here.