This week: Benefits of meta descriptions, segmenting emails and more.
A free newsletter from the desk of Steve Williams
Disclosure: Some of the links in this letter are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
October 12, 2018
Here are 10 tips I think are worth sharing this week:
- Writing a good meta description is sometimes overlooked on a website’s on-page SEO. I write meta descriptions for each blog post via Yoast SEO plugin. It’s free to use. It’s also important to write meta descriptions for your pages, categories, so they also get indexed and displayed in a Google search.
- If you are into email marketing, please learn how to segment your lists. This way, you can target specific subscribers in your next campaigns. Segmentation is possible through email marketing automation. To achieve segmentation, I suggest either MailerLite or ActiveCampaign.
- Instead of searching Google, you can narrow down your queries to Reddit.
- Social network Google Plus will be shutting down in the coming months. Google decided to sunset G+ as massive security breach revealed. Here is how to delete your G+ account.
- Google Analytics Academy enables you to learn analytics with free online courses.
- You can run a security checkup against your Google account. It’s a free service from Google.
- Looking for email copy from great companies? Take a look at Just Good Copy.
- You may not be an artist and picking the right set of colors for your website is a must. I suggest three sites that I use: HueSnap, Colors on the Web and, Color Combinations from Canva.
- You can easily create pie charts with this free web tool.
- Aspiring to become an Amazon affiliate? Here’s a good starting point, the best sellers section.
Thanks for reading. If you like this newsletter and want to support it, forward it to a friend.
If you’re seeing this newsletter for the first time, you can subscribe here.