This week: Ghost browsing, affordable Google Analytics/ PPC training, and more.
A free newsletter from the desk of Steve Williams
Disclosure: Some of the links in this letter are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
October 19, 2018
Here are 10 tips I think are worth sharing this week:
- I’ve been experimenting with Ghost browser lately. One of its main benefits is the sessions isolation concept. Each session has its own set of cookies. If your work requires to login to several Twitter accounts, then create a new session for each Twitter user. The same applies when you have many Gmail accounts, a number of Google analytics properties, a bunch of Instagram accounts, etc. Ghost browser is free to use for up to 3 sessions. For Chrome browser users: Ghost browser can import all your Chrome extensions!
- I already covered about how to promote your blog posts. You may also be interested to read an excellent article from ladybossblogger: 73 Ways to Promote Your Blog.
- Running a blog requires a minimum of discipline. For instance, writing down what you do on WordPress: updating plugins and themes, changing parameters, fine-tuning, etc. For years, I’ve been using MacJournal to note everything about my WordPress admin changes and my business decisions (subscriptions, paid services, etc.). You can use OneNote, Evernote or any app that you like for that purpose. The goal is to be able to trace back what you did in case of trouble.
- The best Google Analytics training that I’ve taken is from Jeffalytics. By the same author, the new PPC Mastery Course. Highly recommended. Click my links for a for a limited time discount.
- For blog title suggestions, I suggest Blog Title Generator from SEO Pressor.
- Here is another excellent blog title generator from TweakYourBiz.
- To increase page load, you need to compress your images. You can use TinyPNG, a free service.
- Looking for Online Marketing Tools? Check out Tool Salad. You may also want to read my article about marketing stacks.
- Maintaining a secure website is a must. You can check it with this free Sucuri service.
- A Reverse IP Lookup will take a domain or IP address and shows all other domains hosted from the same server. Useful for finding phishing sites or identifying other sites on the same shared hosting server. It’s a free service that you can use here.
Thanks for reading. If you like this newsletter and want to support it, forward it to a friend.
If you’re seeing this newsletter for the first time, you can subscribe here.