- 1 WordPress
- 2 Google Analytics
- 3 SEO, Link Building, Content Marketing
- 4 Infographics
- 5 Free Video Tutorials: Final Thoughts
For many people, starting a blog is a daunting task. Some will turn to free blogging platforms. I prefer using WordPress since the content I create remains mine. If you don’t know how to use WordPress and need to set up your blog, I have good news for you.
Free video tutorials are available for bloggers and marketers. I’ve listed some of the best sites that offer these freebies. In this article, you will find free tutorials that address the following topics:
- WordPress: learn to install WordPress, customize it, and start blogging.
- Analytics: set goals for your website, measure traffic, demographics, user behavior, and see what content works best.
- SEO, Link Building, Content Marketing: get traffic to your website, build an email list, promote products, get engagement on social media and more.
- Infographics: learn a method on how to create infographics, no matter which tool you use.
Please go ahead one step at a time. Don’t try to digest the whole tutorial series at once.
If you are new to WordPress, then start with the WordPress tutorials. Next, learn what the analytics can do for you. Finally, study the advanced techniques presented in the SEO, Link Building and Content Marketing section. As a bonus, learn to create infographics so you can pull more traffic to your website.
Ready? Let’s start.
iThemes are the creators of several WordPress plugins and themes. They know a thing or two about how to set up WordPress.
In this section, you will discover free tutorials from iThemes in two formats: video and ebook.
Let’s start with the videos.
iThemes WordPress Tutorials
iThemes give you free WordPress tutorial videos that help you improve your WordPress skills. Here is a quick overview of their tutorials:
- What Is WordPress?
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
- Your WordPress Login
- Exploring the WordPress Dashboard
- Using the WordPress Admin Bar
- Exploring WordPress Settings
- WordPress Posts vs Pages
- Creating a WordPress Post
- Adding Links in WordPress
- Adding Images in WordPress
- Using the WordPress Media Library
- Formatting WordPress Posts
- Scheduling WordPress Posts
- WordPress Categories & Tags
- Creating a WordPress Page
- Applying a WordPress Page Template
- What are WordPress Plugins?
- Installing WordPress Plugins
- What is a WordPress Theme?
- Using WordPress Widgets
- How to Install a WordPress Theme
- Creating a Custom Menu in WordPress
- Managing Comments in WordPress
- Creating Users in WordPress
References: iThemes WordPress Video Tutorials
If you prefer reading, iThemes offers you free WordPress ebooks. Let’s take a look.
iThemes 36 Free eBooks
iThemes has a whole library of free eBooks. You can download them in PDF format (no opt-in required). They cover a broad range of WordPress and business related topics:
- and much more
References: iThemes Free ebooks
MyThemeShop Common WordPress Errors & Fixes
MyThemeShop is one of the best WordPress theme makers.
They offer a free video library that helps you dealing with 23 Common WordPress Errors.
In case you are not familiar with MyThemeShop, you can read my full review:
Let’s move on to SiteGround who also offers free WordPress tutorials.
SiteGround WordPress Video Tutorials
SiteGround is the WordPress hosting provider that I use for this blog. They are fast, reliable and offer outstanding support. They usually respond your queries in 30 minutes or less.
For more information, please see my SiteGround review.
- WordPress Installation
- WordPress Settings
- WordPress Password Change (see note)
- WordPress Profile
- WordPress Header Change
- WordPress Categories
- WordPress Posts
- WordPress Users
- WordPress Pages
- WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Comments
- WordPress Update
Note: You can create strong passwords with Dashlane
Additional text based tutorials are available from the left navigation pane. They are categorized as follows:
- WordPress Installation
- Create Website with WordPress
- WordPress Updates
- WordPress Security
- WordPress Administration
- WordPress Plugins
- Advanced Topics
References: SiteGround WordPress Video Tutorials
That’s it for the WordPress tutorials. Now it’s time to tackle the analytics part.
Google Analytics Academy
Right from the beginning, you should integrate your blog to Google Analytics. It will collect vital statistics for you. Meanwhile, learn about how to use it with the free video tutorials from Google Analytics Academy.
Here is what you can expect with the Google Analytics tutorials:
- Learn analytics with Google’s free online courses.
- Take lessons from Google measurement experts.
- Join the Google Analytics learning community.
- Test your knowledge.
Google Analytics Academy has 5 sections. I suggest you start with sections 1 and 2, which I qualify “google analytics for beginners”. You can skip section 3 if you are not yet into e-commerce. Then tackle section 4 on Mobile and move on to the last section about tagging (advanced users).
- Digital Analytics Fundamentals
- Google Analytics Platform Principles
- Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions
- Mobile App Analytics Fundamentals
- Google Tag Manager Fundamentals
Each section is divided in units. And each unit contains lessons.
The lessons are designed as follows:
- Video tutorial and text transcript
- Exercises to reinforce your learning
- A read further section
Google analytics will help you track the progress of your website.
References: Google Analytics Academy
SEO, Link Building, Content Marketing
Neil Patel and Brian Dean teamed together and created QuickSprout University.
These 134 advanced tutorials will help you in your online marketing efforts.
Here is a breakdown of the main tutorial sections:
- Link Building
- Content Marketing
- Social Media
- Paid Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Reputation Management
- Conversion Optimization
Mangools Free SEO Training
Mangools is the team behind KWFinder, a keyword research tool that I use every day. A KWFinder subscription also includes several tools such as SERP Checker, SERP Watcher, and Link Miner. They recently released a free tool, RockingPage, that enables you to find the best trending websites.
The Mangools free SEO training is text based — sorry, no videos. However, if you need to brush up on your SEO skills, these tutorials are a good starting point.
If you want to learn how to create infographics, then you should take the Venngage Free Infographics Masterclass. It is taught by Eugene Woo, the founder. You don’t have to use the Venngage infographics software to apply these principles.
Eugene will walk you through his methodology in a step-by-step manner. At the conclusion of the training, you can download the slide deck for future reference. As a bonus, you have free access to a 5×5 infographic challenge. This way, you can practice what you just learned!
References: Venngage Free Infographics Masterclass
Free Video Tutorials: Final Thoughts
You are now in a better position to start your WordPress blog. Go ahead, do it today. Then use the analytics to measure your results. And finally, carry out some of the advanced techniques that will bring traffic to your new website.
Does it sound like a plan to you?
Please feel free to drop me a line in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this article, please share it with your social media networks.