A free newsletter from the desk of Steve Williams
Disclosure: Some of the links in this letter are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
August 31, 2018
Here are 10 tips I think are worth sharing this week:
- Do you know why KWFinder is my favorite keyword research tool? It’s fast and easy to use. It discovers keywords and ranks them with a keyword SEO difficulty score. The team behind KWFinder keeps enhancing their product. They recently integrated Google Trends and historical data in KWFinder you can identify the popularity and search volumes over a longer period of time. They also released the public beta of their upcoming tool, Site Profiler, a website analysis tool providing all important SEO metrics & insights under one roof. Give it a try, it’s free!
- Have you heard of Elementor, the free WordPress page builder? It uses a drag and drop interface to let you design beautiful web pages. I used it to design my Tools page. My page lists the tools, apps, and resources I use to run my online business. Elementor is very handy to design that kind of page (and complex ones). They also offer a PRO version with advanced features.
- I copy and paste several times per day on my Macbook. There’s a free app that I’ve been using for years that simplifies the whole thing: Clipy. It can store all your copy operations in a history buffer. You can later retrieve copied objects (text, images, etc.) and paste them into your documents, blogs, web pages, and so on. Clipy is maintained on GitHub and can be downloaded here.
- On the blog, I updated my post: How to Improve Your Youtube Marketing, Growth, and SEO and added a contribution from Kristen McCabe of G2 Crowd: The Perfect YouTube Banner Size and Template (+ Channel Art Ideas).
- Do you want to promote your content? Check my recent update as I added an article from Miles Anthony Smith: “How to Promote Your Blog in 21 Bullet Proof Ways.”
- You may have seen my post about how to find Awesome List of Free Images for Your Blog. I recently updated this post with Shutterography – It has hundreds of free photos, that’s full of creative, unique and well thought out pictures.
- You can now create your logos with Hatchful, a Free logo maker. Create stunning logos in seconds; you don’t need any design skills. This tool won’t replace a professional logo designer. However, if you are a beginner in the online business, it’s an excellent place to start.
- I used to be an Evernote fan and I still use it for long-term storage of all interesting articles I find. For the past few years, I’ve been using Pocket to store my good reads because it’s fast! Both Evernote and Pocket have Chrome extensions. Saving an article on Pocket is quick whereas, on Evernote, saving an article is quite sluggish (on a desktop). Both apps offer support for tags. I use their free version only.
- Are you using automation in your online activities? If not, I suggest you use IFTTT for various tasks — it’s free. Here is one example of how I use it. Let’s say I discover a potentially useful article to read in Feedly or any other source. I save it in Pocket to read it later. When I have time, from my Pocket account, I read the full article. If it’s worth sharing, I “star” it in Pocket. Then, one of my IFTTT applets kicks in, here is what happens: both the article URL and featured image get shared in my Buffer social media channels. Next, another IFTTT applet saves the article to my Evernote account for later retrieval (with the tags).
- For the Google Docs lovers, here are 25 incredibly useful things you didn’t know Google Docs could do.
Thanks for reading. If you like this newsletter and want to support it, forward it to a friend.
If you’re seeing this newsletter for the first time, you can subscribe here.